The Law Library is proud to offer a variety of services to our alums. Below is a list of resources and services that are available to any alum. Feel free to contact a librarian to ask if any other options are available as well.
Free Databases & E-Resources
- BadgerLink – General and some legal journals & newspapers
- The Gargoyle – UW Law School alumni magazine
- Google Scholar – Federal, state court opinions and journal articles search
- Wisconsin Briefs Database – Briefs from WI Supreme Court & Court of Appeals
- Wisconsin Case Search – WI court opinions & records
- Wisconsin Jury Instructions – Children, civil, & criminal jury instructions
- Wisconsin Legislature – WI Statutes, bills, legislative history & WI Administrative Code
- Wisconsin State Bar – Fastcase (legal database available to WI licensed attorneys)
- Wisconsin State Law Library – Remote access to HeinOnline, Lexis e-books, onsite access to Lexis, Westlaw, & Bloomberg Law
Using Library Materials
The UW Law Library warmly welcomes alumni to visit and use our library materials. Alumni with a Wisconsin address may apply for a law card and check out print materials for varying amounts of time. For further information, see our circulation policy.
Staying up-to-date is one of the most crucial and difficult parts of being a busy attorney or legal professional. The law library can help you stay up to date with WisBlawg, a blog dedicated to legal research news.
Reference Help & Research Assistance
Our reference staff happily welcomes any questions you may have while doing legal research. Feel free to call, email, chat, or simply ask at the reference desk. We look forward to helping you locate the information you need to succeed.
Reference Hours (during the semester):
Monday: 9am- 9pm
Tuesday: 9am- 9pm
Wednesday: 9am- 9pm
Thursday: 9am- 9pm
Friday: 9am- 9pm