The Law Library subscribes to several databases that are exclusively available on CD-ROM format. In order to guarantee access for all patrons, these CD-ROMs have been loaded onto the three “law-pub” public access machines that are located near the reference desk with a Law Library Workstation sign.
Available CD-ROM Databases
The following CD-ROM databases are available at each of the three computers:
- Colonial and American Indian Treaties: A Collection
- Index to Law School Theses and Dissertations
- League of Wisconsin Municipalities Legal Opinions and Manuals
To access each database, click on the appropriate icon that is found on the computer’s desktop. Each database will be updated as the Law Library receives new editions.
Databases Now Available Elsewhere
The following databases were previously available via CD-ROM, but are now available via other means:
- Bibliography of Early American Law: available on HeinOnline
- WERC Digest (Wisconsin Public Employment Decisions Digest): available for checkout
- Index to United Nations Documents and Publications: see the UN Documentation Guide and the HeinOnline UN Treaty Library
- Lawyer’s Reference Shelf: see Garner’s Dictionary of Legal Usage in print and Oxford Reference Online
If you have problems or questions, please email Kris Turner or ask a Reference Librarian.